Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pics! Finally!!

As promised, I'm finally getting around to adding the pics from Halloween...

As always, click on the pic to see a larger image.


This is what you see when first you enter Hollinger Hollow!


A close-up of the Blood Fountain!


A view out into the cemetery!


Our boarded up windows!


The Mausoleum!


The Old Grave Digger must have decided to take a nap!


Rest In Piece!


The Raven!


Come on man! Get that corpse of the fence!


The Bridge to the other side!


The Hell Hole!


Coffin Guy in action!


We call this guy Doug!


And the Exit!

All in all a very successful Halloween.

But now what is to become of the blog? I've been pondering that since I started it and I've decided to keep it going year round. That said, I wouldn't expect a lot of updates during the first 7 months of the year as we don't really get rolling until August, but the truth is that there is still a lot of work to do.

Like what you ask? Well, like automating the Coffin Guy. This year I had someone hiding in the bushes operating a ball valve that controlled the air flow to the pneumatic cylinder. Next year it would be nice if everything was controlled by a pressure switch.

We are also going to give the Hollow a Louisiana Swamp feel next year so I'll have to figure out new lighting schemes as well as adding a lot more "swamp" to the cemetery.

I will also be thinking about what new attractions to build/add for next year. I never got the Face in the Tombstone working. I will definitely be working on that as well as toying around with some other new ideas that I will talk about when I have them better figured out.

So, come by about once a month or so to see if there have been any new updates. I can't promise there will be a lot of updates for the next 9 months but I'll do my best to keep it interesting.

In the meantime, be sure to check in on my primary year round project at the Xam and Power Blog! You can see what I spend most of my free time working on and hopefully get a chuckle out of that.

See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment