Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hollinger Hollow Is Gone!

Hey guys,

Well, Halloween has come and gone and like the holiday, so has Hollinger Hollow.

This year was our best turnout. Halloween being on a Sunday this year I suspected the trick-or-treaters to be out early so I ensured everything was set up by 6pm.

To my surprise, we only had about 5 people show up the first hour. I was beginning to fear that the holiday being on a Sunday, along with the Cowboys getting their butt's kicked in the most embarrassingly fashion and game 4 of the World series playing during peak trick-or-treat hours, was going to give people little motivation to get up and go house to house asking for candy. As it was, I was begging to worry for nothing.

At 7pm the flood gates of trick-or-treaters opened. We started the night with 400 goody bags of candy. Now, that's not just 400 pieces of candy. There were several pieces of candy in each bag. By 8pm we had gone through all 400 bags. After a quick trip to the store we were back in business.

The wave of people began to die down after 9pm but we left the lights on until 10pm. All in all, we had around 600 people come through the Hollow, a record year! Thank you everyone who helped us pass out candy and thank you everyone for stopping by and making this year the tremendous success it was.

The next day everything was torn down and placed in the back yard. Hollinger Hollow has vanished until next year. We even had several people come by later in the day yesterday to get one last look, but they were too late. All they saw was the empty space where once there was a spooky cemetery.

So, what does all the stuff look like when it's sitting in the back yard? Well, it looks like this...




Of course, we have a lot of pictures and even some video from Halloween night. I hope to have it all posted by the end of the week. For today, I just need a small break and thankfully, the weather has given me a pretty big rain storm to use and an excuse to not work on putting all that stuff in my yard back in my garage. I'll probably get around to that tomorrow. Then I'll start going through all the pics and footage to see what I can post.

Talk to you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment