Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another Busy Weekend!

Hey guys,

Well, we didn't get to start putting out the decorations this weekend but we were very busy none the less.

When getting everything out to start setting up we remembered that we "retired" one of the archways used as the exit to the graveyard at the end of last year. It was old and falling apart and I remember thinking that the archway should be pretty easy to replace so we threw it out. Of course, when we went shopping to get a new arch we couldn't find anything we liked. That's when we decided to build our own gate.

So, here are a few pics showing the construction of the new gate...

First, I built the frame out of 1x2.

Then I attached foam insulation with liquid nail.

This is when my truly talented wife came in with a soldering iron and completely made this thing look like old stone!

This is going to look fantastic when it is done. Of course, I will have more pics as the process moves along.

And, as if this isn't enough, the wife is working on two gargoyles to top the newly constructed gate pillars. She even started working on the basic structure...

I dropped the skull head on just to give you an idea of where this is going. She is going to make the skulls look like gargoyles and I will have more pics as this process moves along.

So, we'll continue working on these throughout the week. Right now, the plan is to start setting up the graveyard this coming weekend but that will depend on how far we get on the gates.

Of course, I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment