Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Entrance Gargoyle Update!

Hey guys,

Wow! Two posts in one day! Special!

I just wanted to give you an update on something I touched on earlier this month, the gargoyles my wife is making that will sit atop the new entrance gate columns.

When last we left this project, she had constructed the basic structure of the gargoyles.

Tonight, she started added the paper mache clay to the structure of the skull and this is what we get:

First, poke your newly constructed gargoyle in the eye. This will paralyze your gargoyle and make him/her easier to work with. Then start covering your gargoyle in paper mache clay...


And here is a completed, front profile...


And here's a completed, side profile...



It is a slow and messy process and I can't wait to see this project done. Not because of the mess but because I can't wait to see them sitting on top the new columns.

Of course, I'll have more pics as we move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment