Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tree Moving Along!

Hey guys,

Work on the tree continued this weekend!

Here the trunk is shaved down and the skeleton of the branches has been added.

Here the tree trunk has been partially carved and we started foaming and shaving the branches.

The tree is coming along nicely.  Most of the left branch has been shaved down.  The right branch had just started being foamed when I took the last picture.

This has turned out to be a real labor of love.  Overall, it isn't difficult.  I originally wanted the branches to be removable but at the last minute I decide to attach them permanently to the trunk.  It turned out that the foam was too heavy for the 1/2" PVC and I was afraid if I didn't permanently fix the branches to the truck they might just fall off.  Needless to say, that would not be good.

I guess I'll have to figure out where I'm gonna store this thing at a later time.

For now, we move forward with the tree.

I'll keep you updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment